I want to do a shout out to our local wineries in Placer County! Placer County vintners won some very prestigious awards in the SF Chronicle Wine Competition which is considered one of the most important wine competitions. Here is a list of the winners with a special acknowledgement to Le Casque and Vina Castellano!
Participation in this year’s competition yielded significant returns for Le Casque, with its 2012 Cabernet Sauvignon and 2014 Sergent Port each awarded Best in Class while two other vintages garnered silver medals. Viña Castellano, whose Tempranillo earned Best of Class in last year’s competition, gained a Double Gold award for its 2012 Mourvedre this year, along with four silver medals.
- Le Casque: Two Best of Class and two Silver medals
- Viña Castellano: One Double Gold and four Silver medals
- Wise Villa Winery: Four Silver, five Gold and three Bronze medals
- Mt. Vernon Winery: Five Silver and 2 Bronze medals
- Popie: Three Silver and one Bronze medal
- Secret Ravine: Two Bronze and one Silver medal
- Lone Buffalo Vineyards: Two Bronze and one Silver medal
- Fawnridge Winery: One Silver, one Gold and one Bronze medal
- Dono dal Cielo: Two Silver medals
- Pescatore Vineyard and Winery: One Bronze medal
- Bear River Winery: One Silver medal