I personally love this time of the year but for many its that time when we start getting the blues because it gets darker earlier, its cold, rainy and not a lot to get excited about at least until the holidays approach. So, I have a few things that I would like to suggest you might do in order to kick the dull-drums of fall.
1) Plan a fun weekend in Truckee! I’ve been wanting to do this for some time but vow this year to do it! This town has really come into its own with great shopping and restaurants and would be perfect to see when the fall colors change. This year’s Truckee Wine Walk is held on October 3rd from 12-4 and would be loads of fun!
2) Venture over to Apple Hill up Hwy. 50 near Camino and Pollock Pines. Not only are there apple farms with hot apple pie to eat but there’s also Christmas tree farms, wineries and pumpkin patches.
3) Start taking hot yoga classes. Last year I tried it for the first time and loved it! It is the perfect thing to do to warm yourself up and loosen up too! I love Yoga Reclaimed in Auburn. Who knows you may want to go all year!
4) Plan to cook your way through a cookbook! I know I’m usually inside more and get that comfort food bug. But I try now to cook more healthy so I decided to cook all the recipes out of the controversial but best selling book, “Thug Kitchen”. It is all vegetarian and that’s why I chose it. So no judgement on the colorful language it uses! Working your way through a cookbook is also great for getting you out of your “comfort zone” instead of into “comfort food”!
5) Instead of watching TV or going to a movie try out our wonderful performing arts venues. Do you like plays, concerts, symphonies, ballet or opera? Have you ever wondered where to go or what’s happening around you? Then check out this link to the Placer Performing Arts Calendar
I hope you try one or all of these ideas this fall!!