My Top 5 Reasons To Move To Auburn
If you are thinking of moving to Auburn, Ca then you may want to know some of my favorite reasons to live here. I moved to Auburn 10 years ago from the Bay Area and thought I would miss living in a large city. I was unsure if being out in the country was for me since I loved to shop, eat, and have everything I needed at my disposal. So needless to say being 45 minutes from even Sacramento seemed like a stretch for this “city girl”. But I’m here to say that I’ve made the move and I have never looked back!
Here are my Top 5 Reasons why I love it in Auburn!!
1) Outdoor Activities– In less than 10-15 minutes I can either be mountain biking, hiking, kayaking, jet skiing or horseback riding or wine tasting. In less than 30 minutes I can be Jeeping or exploring Truckee, Grass Valley or Nevada City. And with all these cute towns close by I can find all kinds of more shopping, wine tasting or outdoor activities.
2) Living On Acreage– Everybody wants to relax at home with no crazy neighbors right next to you, right? Well, in Auburn most homes are on acreage which means at least a 1/2 acre or more. So, the country setting is available for almost everyone. You can find horse property, golf course property, homes with a pond or creek. But you get the idea…SPACE around you!
3) Adorable Downtown Auburn– I just love a quaint downtown and Auburn has one to really boast about! We have in fact an “Old Town” and a “Downtown”. Both of which are fun to hang out in whether its for one of our many festivals or just drinks with the girls.
4) Small Town Community– This one is hard to describe until you live here. But its not so small that you know everybody and they are up in your business but small enough that you make some very good friends and run into people you know when you are out and about. Its small enough that you feel comfortable and connected. You feel like you belong and everybody is nice and you go through the grocery line and they recognize you. If that all makes sense.
5) Farm-To-Fork Alive and Kicking– I just love to eat and cook so being so close to the source of my food is fantastic! We have all kinds of orchards and farms where you can pick your own fruit and vegetables. There are livestock farms where you can get organic meats and talk with the farmer personally to know where your food is coming from. It goes beyond just having a local farmer’s market (which of course we have) its more like having the healthiest groceries that you could ever want all around you!
I have many other reasons to live in Auburn and so there will be more to come!